ONE BILLION RISING 2014 EVENT LIST
Programme on 14th February 2014 at Central Park (5 pm onwards):
Delhi Rising, – musical performance by band, flash mob
- SonamKalra, musician
- Azad Parindey– musical troupe of Azad Foundation
- Majma, band
- SMS (SrijanatmakManushiSanstha)Song Performances – AbnajulmSahengey and Man kayeManjeerey
- Maya Rao–A play on Multilingual Vagina Monologues and some other forms of creative expressions along with Miranda house students
- Speeches –KamlaBhasin, Rituparna from voices against 377, JavedAbidi from Disability Rights Group, a scooter driver, representative from North East, Jaya Sharma on fascism and violence against women
Programmes organized by Azad Foundation:
Street play ‘Dastak’ by Asmita Theatre Group, and Flash dance with the song ‘Jaago re Jaago’ as follows:
- 8th February: SaritaVihar Community Center at 4 pm and at SaritaVihar Senior Citizen’s Community hall at 6 pm
- 9th February: Gurgaon, Near Galleria, at 10 am
- 11th February: Vaishali Enclave, at 3 pm
- 14th February: Car rally from Nehru Place starting at 12 noon
Programme organized by Jamia University:
Central programme on 11th February- 11 am onwards
Programme details: Street play ‘Ajanmi Tanya’ at Ghalib Statue Park, Peace walk to FTK Auditorium, Musical group performances, movie screening, Panel discussion and Break the Chain against violence dance.
Programmes organized by SMS:
- 8th Feb-local awareness campaign, march, nukkadnatak, flash dance, and pledge.
- 11th Feb – SMS will join the peace march and perform in Jamia, in the capacity and as the NGO partner of SNCWS.
Programme organized by YWCA:
Event on 14th of February:
March from Jaisingh Road to JantarMantar in solidarity with OBR, with messages given by leaders of the mahilapanchayats androle plays by community youth –
Programme organized by Samarthyam:
Starting from 14th Februaryand continuing till 8th March 2014(Women’s Day) the “Mobility for All” campaign will promote equity, safety and inclusion for all in Metro Stations and other public spaces.
“Mobility for All”- all campaigners wearing T-shirts with “Mobility for All” logo, will raise awareness on accessible public transport and Metro network.
There will be a Signature Campaign on 14th February at Rajiv Chowk, Central Secretariat and Patel Chowk metro stations from 11am-1pm.
From 2.30pm onwards Dignity March with women and men with disabilities, other people/ families will march from Rajiv Chowk, to A Block to Central Park. There will be placards with pledge messages and signature panels carried by campaigners reminding the public to “promote accessibility and provide safety for all” in the public transport system and spaces.
Programme organized by Delhi Rising:
9thRahiGiri Day- Gurgaon:
Students from DU and Care volunteers will join Azad Foundation in awareness Flashmob in Gurgaon between 8-12 pm. They will reclaim the streets and engage in meaningful dialogue with the inhabitants of Gurgaon.
12TH Hockey India League: is supporting One Billion Rising and the cause of Gender Equality. Students from various colleges will be going to the Major Dhyanchand National Stadium, India Gate at 7 pm on 12th February. During Half Time of the match between Delhi Waveriders and Ranchi Rhino, the students will be singing JaagoDilliJaago, aiming to create awareness and visibility about this issue.
14th City Wide Flashmob:
1. Noida Rising: Mass Flashmob in coordination with Galgotia University will take place in Noida. This Rising will see participation from Students and faculty members of Galgotia University as well as students from the other colleges and Universities in Noida.
- At 4pm we are organizing a flash mob in front of the Delhi Secretariat to demand that the Delhi government take swift action to ensure women’s safety in our city. We will demand accountability of the Nirbhaya Fund, gender sensitization of the police, safety measures in public transportation and speedier process for violence and sexual assault cases. After the flash-mob we will march to Central Park for the 5pm event. (This event is to be confirmed)
- 14TH Feb Central Event:
At 5 pm, there will be a musical performance which will be followed by a mass flashmob/dance protest on the song ‘JaagoDilliJaago’. This dance protest will see participation from people of all sections of society who will come together to make their voices heard and rise to end violence!
Programs organised by DU
Women’s Development Cell (WDC) Miranda House ,Delhi University and CFAR (Centre for Advocacy and Research) join hands with the students from DU, Delhi Police and Youth from the community as stakeholders in their commitment to gender justice under the OBR to explore, understand and analyse the relationship between laws and women’s rights in India. And to engage and strive towards a free, safe and equal world together.
Venue : New Seminar Room, Miranda House
Date : 8th – 13th February, 2014
Day 1, (8th February)
2:00pm-3:30pm : Mapping the city: exploring safety, security, mobility, dignity.
Akhila Sivadas (CFAR)
Lily Vishvanath (Plan India)
Commutiny – The Youth Collective Pravah
3:30pm – 5:00pm : Interactive session
DAY 2, (9th February)
Sexual Harassment of Women At Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act- 2013
10:30am-11:30am : Anu Narula (Supreme Court Advocate)
Laws promoting son preference in India- A critical understanding and the way forward
12:30pm – 1:30pm : Kirti Singh (Supreme Court Advocate and Member AIDWA).
DAY 3, (10th February)
Declining Child Sex Ratio and the Issue of Daughter Discrimination in India.
2:00pm- 3:30pm : Satish Agnihotri (Secretary Government of India and Eminent Researcher)
Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act -2005
3:30pm- 5:00pm : Sanjoy Ghose (Supreme Court Advocate)
DAY 4, (11th February)
Field Work : Survey and Meeting with Women Survivors/ SHGs, visits to police stations, court rooms.
DAY 5, (12th February)
Field Work and express through creative medium with Maya Rao
DAY 6, (13th February)
2:00pm – 3:30pm : Presentation of the Youth Reality Check for Gender Justice with Maya Rao
3:30pm – 4:00pm : Play – Vagina Monologue
(by students of Miranda House,W.D.C)
4:00pm-4:30pm : Call for the 14th February, OBR- The power of love and Gender Justice.
Kamala Bhasin (renowned feminist activist and Coordinator Sangat and OBR, South Asia).
4:30pm- 5.00pm : Certificate distribution
The Solidarity March to Central Park- Delhi University- Rising for Gender Justice.
Participants include students from Miranda house, Hindu College , Delhi school of economics, Ambedkar University, Faculty of Law , SRCC, Research Scholars and Delhi school of social work and police personal and youth from the community.